A:Honey, wait! I've sprained my ankle.
親愛的,等等!我把腳踝給扭了。
B:Oh, my god, are you OK?
哦,天哪!你還好嗎?
A:Of course not!
當然不好啦!
B:Come on, sit down, and let me have a look.
來吧,坐下,讓我看一看。
A:The pain is killing me.
疼死我了。
B:I told you to wear running shoes. But you don't listen.
我叫你穿跑鞋。可你就是不聽。
A:I thought leather shoes will do just as well.
我以為穿皮鞋也可以跑嘛。
B:Hold on, don't move, I will take care of that.
等一下,別動,我來處理。
A:What are you going to do?
你打算怎么辦?
B:I will get some ice, and put it on your ankle.How does that feel?
我打算拿些冰來,敷在你的腳踝上。感覺怎么樣?
A:God! It's freezing!
天哪!冷極了!
B:Be brave. Don't worry. You will be able to walk soon.
勇敢點。別擔心。你一會兒就能走路了。
注釋:
sprain vt. 扭傷
ankle n. 腳踝
pain n. 疼痛
leather n. 皮革
freezing adj. 冷的,凍的
brave adj. 勇敢的
家庭總動員 Do it together